We attach herewith copy of Port Marine Notice No.120 of 2017 to update you on the implementation of the Ballast Water Management Convention (BWMC), 2004.
The international Convention for the Control and Management of Ships Ballast Water and Sediments will enter into force on 8 September 2017.
The Convention is applicable to ships of any type including submersibles, MODU, FSUs, FPSOs, except for the ships that meet the criteria specified in Article3.22 of the Convention.
All ships of 400 GRT and above to which the Convention applies calling the port of Singapore are required to carry the following on board:
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate (IBWMC) for ship flying the flag of countries party to the Convention; or Documentary evidence such as Statement of Compliance (SoC) for ships flying the flag of countries that are not party to the Convention;
- An approved Ballast Water Management Plan (BWMP); and
- Ballast Water Record Book (BWRB)
PORT CLEARANCE SUBMISSION
With effect from 8 Sep 2017, all applicable ships of 400 GT and above are required to submit the following, amongst other ship’s trading certificates, for application of Singapore Port Clearance Certificate:
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate (IBWMC); or
- Statement of Compliance (SoC); or
- Documentary evidence from the Administration or the Class of the ship that the Convention does not apply